News and Announcements
The Midtown Detroit Connection -- Free Shuttle Service
March 25, 2011
The Midtown Detroit Connection -- FREE Shuttle Service
This shuttle service provides transportation between three of the area’s biggest anchors:
- Detroit Medical Center (12,000 employees)
- Henry Ford Hospital (8,000 employees)
- Wayne State University (40,000 employees and students)
This service was developed by the three entities so students, staff, patients and families can easily travel across Midtown from one location to another.
The Midtown Connection combines portions of existing shuttle services from the three institutions, reducing overlap and streamlining the routes to create smoother access. The Midtown Connection runs north and south between the Lodge Freeway and Interstate 75, with multiple stops along a route stretching from Mack Avenue to Virginia Park Street.
Each system shuttle service location will move along the designated route, and three stops serve as “Transfer Points” or locations where passengers can interconnect between shuttles. The WSU School of Medicine route includes a stop at the Eugene Applebaum Building on Mack Avenue, where passengers can transfer to the DMC Shuttle. Some of these transfer points may require a very short walk to board the adjacent route shuttle.
Midtown Connection shuttles will be clearly identified with signage, to help passengers select a bus. A map of the Midtown Connection Route is located at the various stops. The Route Map will also be included on the website for Detroit Medical Center, Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State University School of Medicine.
The connection points are:
- On Brady St. at the DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan's main entrance just north of the WSU Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences*The shuttle stop on Mack will no longer be used.
- 540 East Canfield:north of Scott Hall
- 1 Ford Place:between 2nd & 3rd Street
Hours of Operation are as follows: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.. No holidays or weekends. See www.catmap.wayne.edu for interactive route map.